As mentioned in our previous blog post about our GDPR project plan, we structured our implementation plan in 14 sub-projects.
In this blog post we’ll take a look at the first of these sub-projects.
The foundation for the sub-projects was (of course) the requirements in the GDPR Regulation, which we had mapped in subproject # 1: Compliancy Status Tables mapping Runbox’ status compared to regulations.
In order to prepare ourselves, we did that before the final regulation was decided. We also did this for the requirements from the Norwegian Personal Data Regulation at that point in time.
Of course, the mapping had to be made compliant with the final version of the GDPR after the EU decision in 2016 – and so we did.
At that point in time, we had our project nicely structured in the 14 sub-projects mentioned above. That was pretty easy, because of the mapping we had done. An important fact in this context, is that Runbox is a controller and a processor as well, depending on the circumstances, according to the GDPR definitions. It was important to be exact about where and when.
In the GDPR we found some important points that we had to consider:
- Our agreement with our main processor, Copyleft Solutions – and what about the agreements with our affiliates, partners and the like? Are confidentiality clauses regarding protection of personal data adequate any longer?
- What changes have to be done in our systems to fulfill GPDRs requirement regarding customers’ rights?
- Do we have a systematic documentation of our systems, and what about access control?
- Does our information security policy cover the necessary elements, and is our risk analysis up to date?
- What about the processing of personal data we do for internal processing? Obviously it was necessary to take a look into the agreements we have with internal and external personnel.
- What about the internal control mechanism we have – do they comply?
Those points (and some more) made the foundation for establishing delimitations between each sub-project, which we will continue blogging about in the weeks to come.