Today we disabled SSL 3.0 for POPS (Secure POP) and changed how we terminate POP connections to make it more secure.
Some Apple Mail users are using the server address apop.runbox.com and/or the authentication setting: Authenticated POP (APOP) in Apple Mail.
To change the account settings, please follow these instructions:
- Mail => Preferences to open the Accounts dialog.
- Select your Runbox account in the left pane.
- In “Incoming Mail Server”, enter: secure.runbox.com
- Click the Advanced button.
- Make sure the port is set to: 995
- Under “Authentication”, select: Password (Previously Authenticated POP)
- Click the red button in the top left corner to close Accounts.
- Click Save.
We added a Apple Mail compatible setup on the 13th of February 2013 after an update to Mail from Apple broke authentication for many users.
The new settings is a more secure way of using POP and will make sure your connection with our servers always use TLS (Transport Layer Security) or it will fail.